Eat healthy nurturing foods:
- Nuts and seeds (good snack limited to 1 handful daily)
- Whole Grains and beans – brown rice, black beans and millet
- Sprouts – Seeds, grains and beans
- Seaweed – Kelp, nori, wakame
- Protein – Soy, dairy, eggs, fish and poultry
- Green vegetables – Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, spinach
- Spicy Vegetables – Garlic, ginger, leeks and onions
- Root Vegetables – Carrots, beetroot, sweet potatoes (potatoes generally limited amounts)
- Fresh Fruit – Apples, cranberries, pears, blue berries, raspberries, goji berries, papaya
A well balanced diet and eating plan where 3 core meals are eaten daily in a quiet restful environment (not at the work desk or in the car to the next meeting). The main objective is to follow a plan where at least 65% of the foods are fresh organic vegetable and fruit sources.
Protein sources are ideally fish and chicken, avoid red meats due to the liver and potential cholesterol issues coming out of the crises phase/stage. It may be recommended to avoid dairy products for the first few weeks to see if the “nervous” conditions disappear, it could be linked to the lactose intolerance of the gut or the hormonal intake from the dairy products.
Caffeine, excessive alcohol, sugar based foods (jams and preserves), white refined or processed flour products (pastries), pizza and fizzy sweetened beverages (Coke).
Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation:
Mainly to support the adrenal glands: